Saturday, September 20, 2008

One month in Europe celebration!!!

Today, the city of Bordeaux celebrated my 1 month presence in Europe...to honor me they opened up the doors to the Grand Theatre, which is normally closed to the public and reserved only for guests attending cultural activities like ballet and the Opera... Or today might just be one of those days in which Bordeaux along with other cities in France and Europe celebrate "European Heritage Days" and allow visitors to enter buildings that are usually restricted... but I'm pretty sure the former is the case!

The building's exterior itself is enough to make you want to come back to admire it... so I'm definitely glad that my French family gave me the paper listing of all the events for this weekend. I haven't been to Versailles but a lot of the rooms in the Grand Theatre looked like what I imagine the Baroque rooms in Versailles would look like. The costumes presented throughout the second floor were all really elaborate too... I seriously felt like I was magically all of a sudden in Disneyland.

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

Please tell me you're going to Versailles! It is the most beautiful rooms and garden I have ever seen. IT has so much history. Any way, what about classes have they started what are they like?

Betsy Slate said...

yay! bordeaux celebrating you? I'm not surprised, since you are probably the most weel-adjusted american student there...anyway, the inside of that building looks marvelous..why is the video so dark? is it to preserve the clothes?