He's very imaginative so he kept asking me while I was reading if I wanted to be an explorer and discover other corners of the beach and the Landes forest... so after hiking up a 30 foot dune we walked over these dead tree branches for about 10 minutes... then we went into the forest and came out of it at these dunes and valley of sand that made us feel as if we were in Egypt... Charles kept saying "I need water, I-need-water..." and then pretended to have died of thirst... Earlier we had also played foot (say it with a French accent!) in the sand which was really cool... and we even swam in the cold water for a bit. All in all it was a good well rounded trip to the beach... which I'm sure I won't be seeing much of anymore since it will be getting very cold here soon (there was one morning here already that was so cold I couldn't feel my face and hands!).
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Landes Forest and the Atlantic Ocean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My family has a vacation home dans Les Landes southeast of here. the beach was nice getting to swim in the Atlantic again but kinda cold. I went last weekend though. Pretty serene place... you get the ocean not far, you get the forest, country-side...
I really like your photos Alex because they are really eiry looking trees. I think it suits the occasion of your new little brother's pretend death. Also, on another note check out "ton banque" in a few days. It's nothing big, but I'll explain later. I hope it at least helps. Love you.
wow the pics are amazing, its nature at its best! -kat
i like your artsy tree pictures! and good sport for playing with Charles. I'm sure he was hilarious.
Post a Comment